Thursday, August 6, 2015

Considering Types

After reading the five basic types of an argument, I found that:

  • A Proposal Argument would best suit my cause for this project. I am proposing a change to current laws while arguing about a controversial issue, marijuana legalization. It states, "this argument analyzes a particular problem, and then develops a proposal for addressing the problem in its thesis." This is exactly what I plan to do with my argument.
  • Along with that, the Position Argument type would fit my project well. I am taking a position on the issue of legalization, and defending why I believe it.
  • As for arguments that would not work well for my project, the Refutation Argument would not be a good choice for me, as I do not want to refute my own claims and evidence. I am for the pro-legalization, not pro-outlaw. It states, "...is devoted almost entirely to refuting an idea, opinion, or argument..." That is not what I want to achieve with this project.
Flickr. Deep Life Quotes, April 15, 2012, Attributuon-NonCommericial-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic

No comments:

Post a Comment