Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Revisiting My Writing Process

In my first blog post, I wrote about how I was a sequential composer and a procrastinator.

At the start of this course, I was not fully aware of the amount of time it was going to take to complete the assignments. I received the email regarding the 27 hours a week of homework, but that was impossible. After 5 weeks, I fully believe it.

I had to change my perspective as a procrastinator to a heavy planner during this course. If I didn't plan ahead for my assignments, I would have never gotten them all done on time and correctly composed.

Moving forward, I definitely see myself continuing this notion of being a heavy planner. It has helped me map out my required tasks, and I feel less stressed when I lay everything out. I would like to continue on that path for the next 3 year of college and carry it over to my other classes.

In the next few years of college and beyond, I want to completely remove myself from the procrastinator category. It is crucial to be well-planned and prepared when looking for employment and working towards your career, and I want to start that now. This course definitely helped in that regard by forcing me to start planning rather than procrastinating.

Pixabay. Writer Writing, February, 2015, CC0 Public Domain

No comments:

Post a Comment